Sunday 13 May 2018

ep: final self portrait


Here we are! My final self portrait which is going to be showcased at the exhibition. I have tried to tie in everything that I have learned from doing my past self portraits & the projects that I have been working on. Finding new skills using halftones and colour (which i used to be quite scared of) and I really like how it's turned out. I think it really talks about my time at university, as throughtout these three years here i have been known to wrap myself in a blanket, literally & figuratively and have made jokes/drawn onto it many times. Here's a look at some of the past blanket Beths:


Here's a little gem that my flatmate found from second year, new blanket new me.

And the originals:




It feels good to go full circle and go back to my roots, and i think this is the true representation of me as an artist. I just love to be cosy and comfortable (and i also have blanket breakdowns sometimes) even though sometimes they are me stressed, it's nice to look back on because i always overcome the stress in the end and it pushes me forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment