Thursday 29 March 2018

ep: montgomery - zine progress

Monty's Colour Shades

Monty Pattern (Inside sleeve?)

For the process of my book, I decided to take a leaf out of some of my zine inspiration's books and go full monochrome. I think this way, it cuts time down (so i have time to work on my other projects as well) and it also gives it a more professional, adult look, which is what I'm going for.

For the screentone effects I decided to use Kyle Webster's screentone brushes as they were perfect in creating dimension for my book so it wasn't just simple outlines. Making it look a little bit more finished.

I also decided to play around with a little Montgomery pattern, which I might end up using for the inside sleeves of the book, as I think having a pattern there would look nice!


(this was a bit of fun so i decided to add it in) For the dog's speech, I didn't want it to have the same put together look as Monty's and be more childish, so my boyfriend suggested that he do the writing for the dog as he has quite scribble-y writing and it works perfectly!




No comments:

Post a Comment